2018-2019 News & Events Archive
Spring 2019 Commencement
June 15, 2019
Congratulations to the Cal Poly Landscape Architecture Class of 2019!
2019-20 Scholarship & Awards Ceremony
May 31, 2019
Congratulations to our 2019 ASLA Honor & Merit Award recipients and 2019 CLASS Fund Scholarship winners, who were honored at the 2019-20 Landscape Architecture Scholarship & Award Ceremony!
2019 Spring Quarter Review Schedule
June 3 - June 7, 2019
Please join the Landscape Architecture Department for the nine final reviews for Spring 2019, and come see the projects our students have been working on this quarter. Click on the image below for more information.
2019 Spring Senior Showcase
June 7, 2019
Cal Poly’s fifth-year landscape architecture students will cap off a year of intensive research and design work by showcasing a broad spectrum of thesis projects to the public in June.
The Landscape Architecture graduating class will hold its “Capstone Studio Showcase” on June 7, 2019. Titled “Margarita’s Mixtape,” the show reflects the creativity, dedication and talent of the Senior Studio class. The show will be held from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the historic, Dallidet Adobe and Gardens, 1185 Pacific St, in San Luis Obispo. Please join us for this special event. Click the link HERE to view more information about the event and projects.
2019 Spring Hearst Lecture Series
April 26 - May 31, 2019
Please join the CAED Department in this quarter's Hearst Lecture Series, located in the Business Rotunda (Room 03-213).
- Friday, April 26 - Edmond Saliklis, Ph.D, PE, Professor of Architectural Engineering, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
- Friday, May 3 - Leon Rost, Partner, BIG - Bjarke Ingels Group, New York
- Friday, May 10 - Scott Wolf, Partner, Miller Hull, Seattle
- Friday, May 31 - Kelly Bair and Kristy Balliet, Co-founders, BairBalliet, Chicago and Los Angeles
Sustainability Fellowship 2019
February 27, 2019
The Handel Architects Sustainability Fellowship seeks to promote sustainable design by sponsoring a full-time summer intern who will further the integration of sustainable design standards into our practice. The individual will work with the firm’s Sustainability Group, collaborating on innovative architectural projects and conducting research on specific topics related to sustainability strategies for hi-rise buildings. At the end of the program the Fellow will compile a report/presentation describing the accomplishments of the Fellowship and present them to the firm.
- Fellowship is open to applicants currently enrolled in an accredited degree program in Architecture with an interest in Sustainability.
- Shows strong interest in sustainability and/or material science as it relates to the built environment.
- Has excellent written, visual and oral communication skills.
A jury composed of leading design professionals will be responsible for selecting the applicant.
$1,000 cash prize and paid summer internship.
- Personal Statement addressing the following question- Why is sustainability important to you and/or the built environment?
- Work Sample- Samples are encouraged to highlight how environmental considerations and sustainable practices are incorporated into your design work.
- Recommendation letter from an advisor, educator or architectural professional.
Link for Application: https://handelarchitects.com/careers/handel-architects-sustainability-fellowship-2019
Assistant Project Manager - Landscape Construction
February 20, 2019
Landscape Development Inc. is looking for an Assistant Project Manager for projects in the Los Angeles and Ventura counties. Please check it out.
Paradise Welcome Sign Design Competition
February 6, 2019
LandCare Case Competition
January 24, 2019
2018 Fall Hearst Lecture Series
November 2, 2018
Please join us in welcoming Hearst Lecture Series speaker Laurel Broughton. Her lecture is this Friday, 11/2 at 5PM.
Laurel will be a principal juror for the 15th Annual Vellum Furniture Competition immediately following the lecture at 1185 Monterey Street. Doors open at 6:30PM.
2018 Fall Hearst Lecture Series
September 25, 2018
Please Join the CAED Department in this quarters Hearst Lecture Series, located in the Business Rotunda (Room 03-213).