To post a position opportunity on this web page, fill out our Job Board Submittal Form. Postings are uploaded manually and make take anywhere from 24 - 48 hours to go live, depending upon the workload in the LA office. Positions will be posted as they are received. The department reserves the right to edit submittals for length and clarity. Your job will normally remain posted for two months unless you instruct us otherwise.
Geared For Growing
Landscape Architect/ Designer
Location(s): 12020 Old Redwood Hwy, Healdsburg CA 95448
Contact Name: Richard Plaxco
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 707-472-8200
Contact FAX: 707-473-4330
Salary Range: Based On Experience
Web Site: www.gearedforgrowing.com
Geared for Growing is looking for an experienced Landscape Architect/Landscape Designer to join our team.
After 38 years, Geared for Growing has become an award-winning full-service residential Design Build firm in Sonoma County. We are well-established, organized, and have earned our reputation for being on-time and on-budget with practical solutions. 90% of our business comes through referrals and return clients. We take pride in our creative and unique designs, quality workmanship and materials, and our loyal employees. Our motto is Designs for Outdoor Living!
We are looking for a Landscape Architect or Designer to help us carry on the tradition of working well with clients and providing a quality product and service.
We would love the opportunity to meet you if:
• You have at least five years of experience in landscape design and architecture
• You have a desire and the knowledge to build beautifully, well-crafted gardens that enhance the quality of life for our clients
• You have a track record of building strong relationships with clients and team-members
• You have a passion for staying up on trends, products, and plants
• Your values align with our culture, vision
Sonoma County has a healthy appetite for our version of Outdoor Living. We are looking for the right person to help us with the amazing opportunities presented to us!
Submitted on Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Landscape Associate CT
Location(s): San Luis Obispo, CA
Web Site: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=216993
Under the supervision of a Senior Landscape Architect, the Landscape Associate will provide a full range of professional landscape architectural duties such as planning, design, and contract document preparation.
The landscape architectural duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in the preparation of Project Initiation Reports, Projects Reports, and Plans, Specifications and Estimates [PS&E] for roadway construction projects including landscape roadside rehabilitation, safety roadside rest areas, and vista points. Provide support in identifying landscape architecture program needs and preparation of programming documents for Roadside projects.
- Provide design support for roadway construction projects including; permanent erosion control, stormwater infiltration treatment BMPs, vegetation management, biological mitigation, highway planting and irrigation, maintenance worker safety elements, and structure aesthetics.
- Provide professional landscape architectural services including; Visual Scoping Documents, Scenic Resources Evaluations, Visual Impact Assessments, and impact avoidance and mitigation measure recommendations.
- Provide project information to internal Project Managers and Functional Managers, and external local, state and federal agencies, elected officials, utility companies and the general public. Provide responses to referral letters and requests from the public and agencies concerning landscape architectural matters.
- Participate in the oversight of landscape architectural work performed by others (e.g. consultants, encroachment permits, and local agency work). Participate in community involvement activities including public informational meetings and public hearings.
- Coordinate with all internal functions to efficiently deliver projects including Resident Engineers on projects during construction, Maintenance concerning roadside vegetation management and irrigation system management, Right-of-Way concerning excess lands, air space utilization plans, and other property-related activities.
- Communicate with the various landscape industries concerning availability of materials and equipment. Represent the landscape architecture department in meetings and serve on committees and task forces.
How to Apply: Please visit: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=216993
Final Filing Date: 10/5/2020
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2020
ClearView Property Services
Freelance Landscape Design Architect
Location(s): Santa Barbara
Contact Name: Kevin Downs
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 8057053671
Web Site: www.sbclearview.com and https://www.facebook.com/sbclearview
ClearView is looking for a freelance landscape architect that can work closely with us on our local projects. As we continue to grow there is a possibility for part or full time employment. Creating landscape designs using conceptual drawings, 3D visualization and a creative mind is very important to us.
• Onsite measurements and raw layout design
• Client meetings to give creative input of landscape ideas and visualize layout
• Residential landscape design
• Construction detail drafting of landscape elements, (fountains, dry riverbeds, walls, etc)
• Create client friendly 3D Modeling to help client see vision of finished product
ClearView is a family owned local Santa Barbara Landscape Company that has
been in business for over 20 years.
How to Apply: Please send work experience, landscape architecture capabilities and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your time.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Melton Design Group
Location(s): Chico, CA
Contact Name: Teresa Walsh
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 530-899-1616
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and desire
Web Site: http://meltondg.com
Melton Design Group, Inc. is an award-winning Landscape Architecture & Planning firm in Chico and Sacramento, CA. We create innovative, responsible designs that inspire and connect communities. Our focus is in park design, urban planning, sustainable environments, agritourism, architectural envisioning and residential design.
Some of our recent and current exciting projects include:
• Meriam Park Development – Chico, CA
• Hope Plaza – Paradise, CA
• Turtle Bay Exploration Center – Redding, CA
• Riverbend Park – Oroville, CA
We are looking to hire one person to join the MDG team. Position is full-time in the Chico office. Pay is commensurate with experience and desire.
• Desired skills and areas of training:
• 2D Drafting landscape plans in AutoCAD.
• Land F/X skills are highly desired.
• 3D Modeling in SketchUp and/or Lumion.
• Digital and hand-drawn rendering.
Preferred experience with the following:
• Good knowledge of, and proficiency, with AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Basic skills of hand sketching, Adobe Creative Cloud products
• Ability to read construction plans.
• Self-motivated, works independently, as well as in a team environment.
• Organized, detail oriented and can communicate professionally.
• Enthusiasm to learn.
• Possess a curious and creative mind.
How to Apply: Interested persons should submit a Cover Letter, resume and a representative sample of work in PDF format, highlighting technical and conceptual design abilities. Submit via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 820 Broadway Street.
Submitted on Monday, September 14, 2020
Purlieu Landscape Design + Build
Location(s): San Luis Obispo
Contact Name: Michael Vogt
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 8054391757
Salary Range: $33,000-$63,000 (pending experience)
Web Site: www.purlieulandscapes.com
Full Time Position : Landscape Designer (San Luis Obispo, Ca)
Purlieu Landscape Design + Build is currently seeking a full time Landscape Designer.
• Honest, hard working, and ability to work with a team
• Bachelors in Landscape Architecture
• 0-10 years of experience in landscape design
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe software.
We are seeking a full time Landscape Designer. Responsibilities include assisting the design team with master planning, graphic representation, and construction documentation. The candidate should be detailed oriented and have the ability to work efficiently and manage their time accordingly.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants for this position should email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Michael Vogt, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on our firm, please visit www.purlieulandscapes.com or www.instagram.com/purlieulandscapes.
How to Apply:
• Please include a cover letter, resume and portfolio demonstrating that you meet the minimum requirements.
• Please send digitally to email@example.com
Submitted on Thursday, September 3, 2020
Trilling Landscape Design and Build
Freelance Landscape Designer/Architect
Location(s): Greater Los Angeles / Thousand Oaks
Contact Name: Shari Dunn
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 3103838670
Web Site: www.trillinglandscape.com
We are a family-owned Landscape Design and Build company providing our clients with outstanding service in the development of their outdoor environments. Along with a commitment to customer service, we value high quality construction and products that help protect our environment.
While the Coronavirus has its hardships, the landscape design business is booming and we are seeking a freelance Landscape Designer or Architect to handle overflow work. The ideal candidate would be able to visit the design site in the Los Angeles/Thousand Oaks area at least once, and create concept plans, landscape designs and sometimes construction drawings and 3D models. An acceptable candidate would be able to provide the concept plans and landscape designs in a style that matches our own.
Our clients' projects range in size from small residences to multi-million dollar estate properties. Please see our website for examples of our design style and client set.
The environment we work in is casual, de-centralized and highly productive. We look forward to welcoming new talent to our firm!
How to Apply: Please send a cover note that describes and highlights your aptitude for this position and examples of residential work that show your design style. We would like to see both concept designs and planting plans. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com.
Submitted on Tuesday, September 1, 2020
Barefoot Design , Inc.
Location(s): Santa Barbara/Santa Ynez
Contact Name: Jessica Harlin
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 805-697-7466
Salary Range: 45,000 - 55,000 (salary or hourly)
Web Site: www.barefoot-design.net
Barefoot Design is still hiring! We are a growing landscape design firm with projects ranging through the Santa Barbara, Ventura and Los Angeles Counties. Our office is currently in Santa Ynez, CA.
We are looking for a entry to mid-level design associate Based on the central coast, who is comfortable and productive working remotely. This position requires skills ranging from initial site analysis and illustrative renderings to construction admin. As a small firm we are looking for an individual who is interested in all aspects of the profession and willing to grow with the firm.
This is a full time position with benefits. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities. In this time of quarantine and office restrictions we are providing a remote work environment for new hires.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree from an accredited landscape architecture program (or equivalent combination of training and experience)
• 2 years work experience in the industry preferred
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD (or equivalent), Microsoft Office competence in Vectorworks and SketchUp is a plus
How to Apply:
• Please include a cover letter, resume and portfolio demonstrating that you meet the minimum requirements.
• Portfolios should be in PDF format.
• Please send digitally
Submitted on Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Shade Design Studio
Entry Level Designer
Location(s): Paso Robles, CA
Contact Name: Jason Tufts
Contact Email: email@example.com
Shade Design Studio is a custom residential landscape design company offering master planning, irrigation design, planting and hard-scape plans, construction details, and consultation. We are committed to creating functional, artful outdoor living spaces with a focus on longevity and practical resource uses.
Entry level landscape architect needed to perform tasks including, but not limited to:
- Site measurements and base map drafting
- Custom residential landscape design
- Revision of existing designs
- Construction detail drafting (fire pits, water features, walls, shade structures, etc.)
- Perspective sketches and/or Sketchup 3D modeling
- Take-offs for bidding and materials estimates
- Attend client meetings in person with detailed note taking
Qualified candidates will have the following skills:
- Expert knowledge of CAD drafting programs. Our studio uses PRO LandscapeCAD software for most designs. AutoCAD experience is acceptable.
- Competence with Sketchup 3d modeling.
- Capable of creating accurate base maps from scratch, including location of existing structures and trees, and laser level elevations.
- Self motivated and quick learner.
This position will provide experience in all facets of custom residential landscape design and construction. Candidate will learn about an entire catalog of landscape materials.
This position is part-time to start, with likelihood of permanent position in the future. Compensation will also be comparable to experience.
How to Apply: Visit https://calpoly.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3782641/share_preview to apply.
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2020
US Army Corps of Engineers
Interdisciplinary, Landscape Architect, Entry Level
Location(s): Walla Walla, WA
Contact Name: Cindy Boen
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 509-527-7246
Salary Range: $48,4480-59,678
Summary of Duties: As a developmental Interdisciplinary, you will train and assist in performing duties, such as:
• Participate on interdisciplinary teams to develop and evaluate alternatives
for civil works water resources projects.
• Contribute planning knowledge to help lead interdisciplinary teams through an established, defensible decision process.
• Provide support to senior planners on feasibility studies, decision documents, and nontraditional studies in areas related to flood risk management, ecosystem restoration, navigation, water supply and allocation, and other civil works mission areas.This includes written and verbal contributions to the decision process and decision documents.
• Develop fact sheets, informational materials, graphic representations, and
other communications materials for internal meetings, public meetings, non‐federal sponsors and stakeholders, district leadership, and congressional inquiries.
• Use graphic, written and verbal communication to meet district communications requirements.
• Support public outreach efforts such as scoping meetings, sponsor meetings,
and comment processing and response.
• Support and lead dialogue with stakeholders to gain understanding of water resources problems and potential solutions.
• Assists Planner/PMs in developing study plans and schedules, defining technical requirements and analyses, projected costs, and related plan formulation activities.
How to Apply: Anyone wishing consideration for this opportunity must submit a
resume, statement of interest and transcripts (unofficial transcripts may be
accepted but official transcripts will be required prior to appointment) if
applicable. The application package will be submitted via email to
Loriann.email@example.com Please ensure the Subject line says: DHA
Recent Grad Interdisciplinary, GS‐0807‐07 Target GS‐0807‐11. For questions regarding this recruitment, inquire via email to Cindy.A.Boen@usace.army.mil
Submitted on Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Location(s): Modesto, CA or Sonora, CA
Contact Name: Matt Hawks
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 209.532.2856
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Web Site: http://www.kla-ca.com/
Even through the effects of COVID we are looking to grow our team with young
talent like yourself. We are looking for entry Level Landscape Designers
working towards Licensure
About the Firm
KLA is a small firm creating a big impact. This tight group of employees has
the opportunity to work on some of the biggest projects from Orange County,
to the Bay Area, to Hawaii and beyond. Unlike many of the larger firms
working on these types of projects, employees at KLA work on all facets of
the project, making each of our team members well rounded and an essential
part of our process. Come join our team!
About the Position
The ideal candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud
Products, and Microsoft Office. Experience with Land F/X and Sketchup is
preferred, but not required. The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s in
Landscape Architecture from an accredited university.
The candidate will participate in a collaborative environment where
creativity, knowledge, and information are shared between drafters, landscape
architects, and planners to assist each other in providing high quality
creative designs to meet and exceed clients’ needs.
The candidate will be expected to interact with other team members, clients,
contractors, consultants, government agencies in a professional manner and be
able to communicate clearly and concisely – written and oral communication
will be expected.
The candidate will assist Project Managers and other team members to develop
landscape documentation packages, hardscape design, site
furnishings/equipment, grading and drainage plans, planting plans, irrigation
plans, construction details, cost estimates, and color graphics.
Compensation will be based on education, knowledge, skills, attitude, and
This position will be staffed from either office.
How to Apply: Please email to express interest and include resume, brief
description, and any applicable example work to either email@example.com or
Submitted on Friday, May 29, 2020
Location(s): Ojai, CA
Contact Name: Nicole Stern
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: https://watershedprogressive.squarespace.com/job-opportunities
Watershed Progressive is seeking a landscape designer to join the Watershed Progressive Central Coast Office Team in Ojai, CA. Watershed progressive is an innovative, watershed-solutions based firm working on integrated water strategies and regenerative landscape design. Our team includes Landscape Architects, Environmental Scientists, Ecologists, Engineers, Planners, and Field/Construction Staff. The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture
• 0-5 yrs experience in landscape design
• AutoCAD and Adobe software experience
A plus but not required:
• Knowledge of Southern/Central California native plants
• GIS experience
• Sketchup and other rendering software experience
• Permaculture experience
• Stormwater LID, rainwater harvesting, or other integrated water design experience
• Graphic design experience
• Website design experience
• Knowledge of social media strategy
• A love of the outdoors!
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. Salary based on experience. Option to work remotely.
Submitted on Thursday, May 28, 2020
Entry to Mid Level Landscape Designer
Location(s): Redwood City, CA
Contact Name: Steve Warto
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 9146296986
Web Site: boxleafdesign.com
BOXLEAF DESIGN is looking for committed, enthusiastic, ENTRY TO MID-LEVEL
landscape designers to join our team for a full-time position.
Boxleaf Design is a tight-knit team of supportive, spirited and innovative
professionals. We are optimistic, can-do people, with a shared passion for
our practice. We are committed to a healthy work/life balance.
Our quickly growing portfolio of high-end residential projects are
large-scale and offer endless creativity. Projects are located throughout
the Bay Area, from the Carmel to Wine Country and select projects out of
See our day to day at:
ENTRY to MID-LEVEL LANDSCAPE DESIGNER, 0-5 YRS
2-3 years post-graduate professional experience, preferred
Good creative instincts with abilities to collaborate in conceptual and
schematic project design
Strong Auto CAD skills required, with clear graphic and design production
Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch-Up preferred
Open minded nature, to absorb and develop skills in all aspects of the
English language fluency. Clear and effective communication is essential to
working with our team, vendors and design community at large
Strong organizational and time management skills to manage the workload in a
-Full time and Part-time positions
-Health and Dental Benefits
-401K Program with Employee Matching
-Highly Competitive Salary, based on experience
-Annual Bonus Structure
-Paid vacation and Sick time
-Professional development opportunities and LARE support
How to Apply:
-Email cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com
-PDF format portfolio up to 20MB, otherwise please send link
-Include“Applicant for Entry to Mid-Level Position” in email subject line
-No phone calls please
Submitted on Friday, May 15, 2020
Silver Leaf Landscapes
Assistant Project Manager
Location(s): Santa Barbara
Contact Name: Lindsey Zero
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (805) 695-2133
Salary Range: $16/hr
Web Site: www.silverleafsb.com
Part-time, 32 hr/week internship available for an Assistant Project Manager
at Silver Leaf Landscapes, a landscape design/build company based in Santa
Barbara. We are interested providing this opportunity to a current Cal Poly
LARC student who has completed at least their second year of studies, and is
considering a career in the landscape design/build industry.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience in the
practical side of landscape architecture (aka construction), in a 100%
office-free, socially distanced, outdoor work environment. You can expect to
work on contract writing/estimating, project layout, site grading, drainage
systems, rock walls, planting design, irrigation systems, and lighting
If you have a good eye for spatial design, can follow detailed written and
verbal instructions, can lift 50 pounds, and enjoy (or at least tolerate)
demanding physical work, we'd be happy to give you a chance to learn more.
How to Apply:
Please email a PDF of work samples, and a letter explaining your interest in
the position. Include your current year in the LARC program, any relevant
experience (job related or otherwise), and why you are a good fit for the
position. We are hoping to hire the right candidate as soon as possible. Good
Submitted on Monday, May 18, 2020
Art Luna Studio
Landscape Architect / Designer
Location(s): Santa Monica, CA 90405
Contact Name: Pamela Bunn
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (310) 450-9376
Web Site: https://www.artlunastudio.com
We are a small landscape design firm in a Santa Monica seeking an experienced
and motivated Landscape Architect / Designer to generate CAD plans. Our
projects are generally larger residential properties, and we focus on the
conceptual design of the garden and see them through to completion.
Familiarity with professional standards, applicable codes, and landscape
Ability to prepare site plans, landscape plans, and cost estimates for
Proficiency in AutoCAD, and/or any other professionally applicable software.
Experience in the production of design development packages, construction
documents, and specifications.
Knowledgeable about plants and plant materials.
Open to part-time or full-time applicants. Salary is commensurate with job
status and experience.
FYI: Our studio is located in a beautiful garden atmosphere with in-house
How to Apply: Please submit a PDF of your resume, examples of your work and
references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Submitted on Friday, April 24, 2020